Monday, June 6, 2011

What do *you* groove to while Crafting?

For the past couple of years, I've been entranced by the sounds of Alela Diane. Her sound is soft, melancholic, dreamy, nostalgic--everything you need while embellishing floursacks the way grandma used to do. It helps me flow with that strong feminine current that propels my creativity, and fills the house with the reedy sounds of craftmaking. I don't know how else to describe it--it just sounds like soft fabric.

On other days, especially while sewing on shimmery, glittery goodies, I listen to Mercedes Sosa's Gracias a la Vida. Her voice is grounded, earthy, passionate, and the rhythms of it seem to mimic my foot on the sewing machine pedal. I feel the presence of my female relatives right over my shoulder as I sew along, and I just vibe with it.

So I'm curious--am I the only one who grooves to something while I get my craft on? What do you listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment